Saturday, October 12, 2013

Placentia Parade 2013


Hey guys! So we had our first parade of the year! Marching Band has been pretty hectic, but not as hectic as past years.. Either way, we had our first parade at Placentia and we placed 1st in Music / Band, 1st in color guard, and 3rd in Drum Major! 


We did a pretty awesome job, although the scores for marching were pretty inflated due to it being a good day for the judge...but for a first parade out, we have an idea of what we can improve! Also, above photo creds to Frances Lee! 


I really enjoyed it if anything. There was a little carnival/fair thing going on and it was fantastic! It was the first time we've been to Placentia due to the PSAT, but we were lucky enough to have a nicer schedule this year! 


After the parade, we went around in groups wandering for food...I got some food for my brother and I and then kind of wandered in the direction of sweets and bakesales...I bought sugar cookies and candied apples although I forgot to take pictures as proof because I was too hasty.


But it was great! We had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with Jaki (who helped feed me after I felt faint and almost passed out ehehe...) and Richard! There was one tent/booth that was selling a couple of interesting stuff and I bought the fan in the picture for $3 although one of the kids in the trumpet section (which is my section and in return i beated him for this one solo in jazz although i'm a backup but idgaf) broke it. But oh well! It was a great day, it was tiresome and I almost passed out because we ran out of water and my body couldn't hold up...but we placed and we made such progress! It was great. Also, it was hilarious seeing Amar try to finish his funnel cake while on the way to the buses..he kept spilling ice cream on himself!


I was also allowed to keep the ribbon that we were given for participating in the parade!  Although the downside of the day wasn't only that I almost passed out..but that my brother lost my one of my spats... so I have to go buy new ones for who knows how much not me. But I don't mind!


Full pictures from the second collage located after the read more!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...