Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Clothing 101 -- Bunny Coordinate


Hey everyone! I know that it's been a while since I had last dropped a post for you all, but I've been extremely busy as always. I finally decided that I'm only going to be posting about what I'd like to be posting about. No need to over sweat the details or post about every little thing (if you'd like though, let me know! I'll combine posts that are similar). For this post, I'll be talking about a quick outfit that I had made for my clothing 101 class. I decided to make something rather silly and cute, so here you go!  Click through the read more to watch and read about my progress creating it. 





Hey everyone! So I originally just started off with a pair of shorts. My fabric was rather short in the first place, but I fought hard to still use them because I loved how adorable they were. My main decision was... pumpkin pants or normal shorts? 


In the end I decided on the pumpkin pants! So I had gathered it using the typical gathering method of sewing two to three basting stitches and then pulled at the bottom to gather them.


Cute, ain't it? 


Also, I've been a slacker... no lie... but here you can watch/witness me fighting to have a decent grade haha! I ended up pulling an all nighter the day that it was due. 


I sewed the waistband in, although I got dock'd some craftsmanship points because I sewed it a tad improperly (the fabric ended up fraying and the seams came undone! what a rookie mistake).



But after a long while of effort, here we have the final look! I had also added some adorable ribbon and buttons and lace detailing. 


The bunny bow headpiece has a wire sewn into it to maintain its form. As for the cuffs, they're also gathered pieces of fabric that have been reinforced to maintain its look. I then sewed ribbon to create a closure.


I had also created a choker! It's a very basic one, but I find it rather cute and simple for the outfit. 


Anyways, thanks for reading everyone! I'm off to go work and study for my spring midterms now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...