Thursday, March 21, 2013

appliquilt Journals Part 1


For our 3rd quarter final we have to make a journal using the fabric that we had tye-dyed (along with the ones that we had dyed using the eco dyes). For my piece, I had not been sure as to how I should have started mine off at the time... but my piece is now commendable for a 'go with the flow' idea!


Before Ideas (above) 
Finished designs (below)



The words say, "The days go by and no one loves me". The theme of my journal is stray cats. Strays tend to be left alone and left aside while they live on the streets finding for some way to survive. Although this is also common in other animals such as dogs, I felt that having a cat theme would match the color scheme I had more than the dog would have.


Although my chicken scratch isn't finished (and I sort of enjoy it, but I understand that it looks a bit too busy for the subtle look I was going for...darn..)



For the little bits and things of the sort that were embellished onto the fabric, they were glued down with tacky. It works fairly well speaking that it's not specifically a fabric glue!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...