Friday, March 29, 2013

Perhaps


Perhaps
A dream

Perhaps
a memory

I remember your name--
it rings in my head day to day.
I remember your face--
it drives me insane.

A series of events that drove me right along,
led my mind to feel what is wrong.
In which days in the past,
were like just yesterday's voice.
I woke up today,
I awoke with a choice.

One such as many appeared in my mind;
To be or not to be if thou wasn't so kind.
Forgive and forget is one most common.
To love and cherish is the most broken.
You and Me, I shriek at the thought.
My heart beats wild while my head cries stop.

In which I beg forever more.
My pain and failures came naturally;
everyday you try to cheer me on faithfully.
I can't help but cry at night.
So I woke up in pain
and despair,
but I woke in the light.

Your name flushes me in the worst ways.
The voice that compliments me makes me sway.
I don't want to remember it like 'just yesterday';
the face that made me fall in love that day

Sweet memory, You've ruined my day--
I'd rather have a nightmare than feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...