Thursday, March 21, 2013

Eco Dyes


Here's a couple of pictures of my Eco dyes! Sorry for the fact that they're a little more than just wrinkled. 


For eco dying, you would take natural plants and flowers and various environmentally related things to help obtain the designs and colors that you get. You would then wrap it up with a stick and some yarn.


(To be completely honest, I have no idea as to what I put with the fabric, but this piece was boiled in water to get that nice brown look.)


Pretty cool!


For the most part, I have to admit. I loved this piece the most! (although I have no memory of what I dyed it in...perhaps the blackberry?)

4 comments:

  1. these are wonderful. wrinkled gives great texture. i came over here from 'What If' with Jude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I'll be able to keep up with the rest of you!

      Delete
  2. deanna has, of course, beat me to the punch here (she is so swift and nimble while i tend to plod along at a turtle's pace here online) but ha! yes! you will indeed fit in quite nicely on pur journey with jude! i am loving this bit of eco-dyed cloth! the wrinkles add such glorious texture which brings so much life and music to the fragment. like a dance in the symphony of its life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to admit that I really adore how you phrased the wrinkles. It's as beautiful as you make it sound!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...