Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Grandmotherly Love (*´∀`*)


Long, long ago my grandma would always ask me what I would like as a gift from her and I'd always say something that I could keep forever. In which several years later (due to her being in pain and going to the Philippines and all of those sorts), she gives me a gift that I didn't expect to receive! 


She crocheted me a shawl and a hat to go with it, putting it in what was my favorite color when I was little, a bright green and having flowers here and there as I loved flowers more than anything.


Not only that, but she had also brought me a diamond bracelet that she kept in a safe in the Philippines that she planned on giving to my aunt's daughters, but she only had two sons, putting me next because my sister isn't that fond of jewelry.


Although not too long after, my grandma, while staying with us when my mom went with my brother to Minnesota to visit my dad, she  crocheted another hat! Although my sister had bought her the yarn beforehand and there was enough for a pair of hats! My sister and I ended up having similar hats and I'm waiting for the day that I could wear all of these things and not die of heat!


They're so lovely, I love my grandma dearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...