Monday, October 21, 2013

Pleated Knife Skirt! ㅇㅅㅇ



After the PSAT, my sister and I went to Joann's to get my fabric for my halloween costume!




I got some black bias tape, but sadly I forgot to get the white bias tape too because I was thinking about how I was going to make the patch... I got some DMC S712 embroidery floss and then Gene Papyrus Wrinklease 100% cotton and navy sweater fleece (although I didn't know how much I needed so I got excess...but on the bright side I can make another sweater??). 


Although after many attempts of getting the sewing machine to work again with my mom, it turns out that it wouldn't work...but taking into account that it's older than me, it was only to be expected. 


In result, I spent 7 hours hand sewing the skirt together with a backstitch. (Photo credit to my sister as it was ripped off her instagram) It took forever and was incredibly tedious!



But in the end, after measurements and bloodshed and working with irritable people and fabrics and situations, I had finished my pleated knife skirt at 2am in the morning.


And it's as fitted and sturdy as my store bought skirts too! 


I've never been so proud of myself! Time to get a move on with the jacket and top now! Although...I still need to get that white bias tape...


If you're interested in making your own pleated skirt, you should really look it up online. Here's the site that I used for help: http://thecosplaychronicles.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-cosplay-pleated-skirt.html For my skirt, I had used knife pleats while others may use box pleats. It all really depends on preference and what one might need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...