Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dog tags & Metal Journals



For our art final, we were required to follow a variety of requirements and the majority of my pieces had something to do with me and my past...or about my relationships with the people I'm fond of. I took the liberty of making two things on final day, this copper dog tag that I made for Reis and the journal below.

The journal was created and filled with simple lines, indirectly talking about myself as a person. 
The front of the book says, "Love me in the dark" while the back says "Cuddling Kittens, Puppy Dog Kisses".  

Regarding the inside of the journal, Moses called it poetry...but I guess it could be called that. It depends on how you look at it. 

The lines inside go as shown below: 

This is for the child who was never alone.This was inspired by the child without a home.This is loved by the child with an obsession for perfection.A passionate mistake. This is cherished by the child with a taste for mistake. This is loved by the child of the past.Loved by the passion and by the sass. This is for the child that I used to be.The child who had gotten lost in multiple personalities. Fall in love with my bittersweet melancholy.If found, please return to the one who loves for me. Call (562) _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ Tell them that you're with a five year old Laarnie. 

I'm a little unsatisfied with the words themselves, but I wrote them as I went through the pages..So I guess it's something I can forgive. 


Close ups are after the read more.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...