Monday, June 16, 2014

Virgin Cocktail ✧ʕ̢̣̣̣̣̩̩̩̩·͡˔·ོɁ̡̣̣̣̣̩̩̩̩✧Pink Lady


For my history project, the boys in my group had chose one of the popular drinks in the 40s, so naturally they laughed and chose between the pink lady and a couple of others. I had agreed with them that the pink lady would be alright, but I had to be the one to make it.. that's just how the story goes.


In the end, the Pink Lady wasn't a hit amongst the boys...which was honestly no surprise to me. I found it the most interesting because later, after our Jazz band recording for our entry to Disneyland's jazz performances, the entire jazz band liked the taste and the flavor! That was a huge surprise to me...I was so happy!


The recipe for the drink was more of a mix than an actual sheet. I tend to improvise based off of the flavors I get. Here's what I used this time around:

Evaporated Milk 
Grenadine (pomegranate syrup)
lime juice
ice (and cold water)
sugar

If you're wondering what the original recipe that I had been working off of, here it is: 

Mock Pink Lady Cocktail Recipe
Yield: 3 Cups

1 1/2 c Milk, homogenized
2 tb Lemon juice
1 tb Grenadine
1 tb Sugar, granulated
6 -Ice cubes
Measure milk, lemon juice, grenadine, sugar and ice cubes into blender. Blend until ice is gone. Serve immediately.



When I had gone home with the extras, I had to remake some more because my mom had one of her friends over. Happily, I created some more of the drink, covered the rim with sugar for my mom and salt for her friend (different tastes have different garnishes and all that jazz), and added an orange slice as a little extra.


Well, that's all for this time around..?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...