Sunday, May 22, 2016

Comic book heels!

 
Hey everyone. These shoes are one of my leaders projects! I am really excited to show it to everyone because it's really really cool. The shoes that I will be talking about are a pair of heels that's I had use mod podge on to create a comic book heel. I have always wanted to make one of these, so I am very excited that I finally was able to. I will also be talking about how much this project costed me, because I am a total cheapskate and also a sad sad college student that knows how expensive the world is. Now moving on~~ 

 

So it started off this project using a regular comic book, white glue, mod podge, paintbrushes, and a pair of size 6 wedged heels. Accompanying this, I had also used a woodburning tool to probably heat seal the edges of my comic strips to the actual heel. This is because it's easier and also more sturdy as it seals the coated comic strips to the heel plastic. This also creates a much smoother and nicer finish, looking very professional and less likely to crack. Altogether, the project probably had taken roughly 5 hours long including the drying time, and was also about five dollars in cost. I am still celebrating over the fact that I got the heels for two dollars. God bless thrift stores!

 

Here are some close up photos of all of the angles for the heels! These have probablyjust become my new favorite pair of heels, along with my favorite do-it-yourself kind of project.


The comic is called Archie comics and this is of Betty and Veronica. The comic edition is 276. 

 

I really love this comic Edition in particular, because this is the one where Betty and Veronica are exchange students in South Korea. The two of them switch places and change their hair colors and styles to impersonate to the other, in hopes to fool those around them. This actually ends up turning into a scene in which Veronica and that he learned to love what they used to hate about themselves and about each other. And they become much stronger friends from there on out. I am very excited and very satisfied knowing that I did use this comic in particular for these heels. They feel so much more meaningful and so much nicer as I truly admire and love Betty and Veronica and their friendship.
 
I had also put in two very particular pictures. On the outside of the left heel is a picture of Veronica crying. In reality it is actually Betty in disguise as Veronica. On the outside of the right heel is a picture of Betty crying. In reality it is actually Veronica as Betty in disguise. These photos are actually of one another directly after their fight and argument because one and the other have come to find themselves challenged by who they really are.


I honestly think that it looks really cool, and the overall look and the color scheme that I had actually stayed true to really really looked awesome.
 
 

I have done my best to actually document the entire story of Betty and Veronica when they were going through their argument in South Korea. You can actually see on the heels where they both enjoy themselves, and also where they come to find trouble with one another. Later you can also see that they are very happy and satisfied and they come to love one another at different points on the heels.

 

Lastly here's some photos of how they look worn! I think they look really nice. I'm also very satisfied with how the edges look and with how clean and well crafted they are. I'm very happy that I went over it again with a woodburning tool to seal the edges and to outline a part of the heel to highlight the original shape of it. It looks much nicer and much in my opinion.

 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...