Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Prince Life -- Styling Projects


Hey guys! I had finished typing this out yesterday, but I guess I had passed out right after? Sorry for the tardiness on yesterday's post. I'll be making two posts today in this case. But moving on, my costuming class had a styling project that I was really interested in! Although I'm not the best at styling others when limited to a specific number of items, I'm incredibly satisfied with what photos had come out of it of me (narcissistic, I know).


All of the costumes were from FCLO costume rentals in Fullerton, California. You can find their contact information at this website: http://www.fclo.com/contact-us-2/contact-costume-rentals/


This picture above has got to be one of my top favorites. Will's face is priceless as always, and Caitlyn is literally the sweetest looking guard who will fight for your survival when given the means to. As for me, the lighting was JUST right to get my face to slim down...and surprisingly my hair had managed to look like it was cut even though it was just in a ponytail. 


This next photo has definitely been one of my favorites. My friend Jaime gets referred to as my "invisible gay" mom, and Will's coat was kept under the "anime" section of the costumes. I also REALLY loved the look of the ballgown...and I hope that one day I'll be able to wear something as stunning as this one day. 

Caption: "tfw your gay mom embarrasses you in front of your anime prom date"



Final photos from the styling project! My partner was Cassandra, and she's fairly good at knowing what she'd like to do. Given how my body is too, I have an easier time fitting into a lot of different costumes for men. It was fairly difficult trying to make the costumes look like they all fitted on me accordingly, but I think we did an okay job. 



This specific look was based on the prince from Once Upon A Time. I really enjoyed how it turned out though! 



After this project, I kind of want more opportunities to dress up like a prince or a knight in shining armor. In fact, I already have a prince cosplay coming up and if you're not excited then I'm questioning your need to read this blog post.


But honestly, some makeup would have probably heightened the look of my styling oh so much better. I truly wish I thought it through...but given the time I didn't think it was worth it. Stoked with how it all turned out though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...