Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wondercon (Day 2)!


Hey everyone! I'm back again with the second post from Wondercon this year. It was pretty great, in all honesty. My friends had joined me and they were ghosting and we all were kind of goofing around too. It was pretty great! There'll be a lot more photos in this post compared to some of the others as I took a lot of pictures of work I was fond of in the exhibit hall and artist alley. I actually managed to go to Wondercon this time around with my amazingly fun gang filled....but Moving on...




Woke up to the pup! He's been missing me a lot lately because I've been incredibly busy with school and extracurricular activities...and work. It must be hard for a little pup like him. I feel bad if he'd ever get stressed out because he's alone inside the house. But alas, life must be fought through! So I had to get ready in the morning anyway. 


I had decided to debut my Hajime cosplay from Gatchaman crowds this time around. I had made it during my summer break a while back, and I had yet to wear it out and about. Although I'm really happy with how it turned out (sort of, craftsmanship is a little questionable now that I look back at it), my hair length frustrated me incredibly. I didn't have to wear a wig though which was incredibly nice!



Stumbled across these cuties when we were picking up our bags! Mostly because I had forgotten to snag one yesterday due to all the fussing around and lack of time when I was hanging out with Allen, but that's really not too important to me. We all just kind of wanted free swag and to check out what's in the exhibition hall and artist alley!



First things first... I had to snag one of the cotton candy things! I've been in love with the gorgeous cotton candy work that I've seen on the internet nowadays, so I obviously fell victim to snagging a cloud flower when I saw it for sale at Wondercon. $8 for cotton candy in the shape of a flower...and in a larger amount than at Disneyland? SIGN ME UP. 


Here are the options that they provided above! A lot of people were getting baymax...but I felt like the design was just an easy copout. I won't be fooled!!! No, okay I'm sorry. I probably went too far with that comment... I'll shut up. 


Obligatory photo of this adorable child's Judy backpack because I am absolutely in love with Zootopia!!! I was going to ask but I ended up getting too scared because I look like an older teen who needs to get away from small children. But that's another tale to be said (Disclaimer: no this is a joke. there is no tale.).


Some photos of me and the cotton candy after it was finally done! Definitely worth it!!


It was really pretty, and although the colors were much more on the subtle side...I really loved it. 


I swear...my sweet tooth will get the better of me one day. 



*COUGH* Speaking of sweet tooth, did I show you all this GORGEOUS Kashima cosplayer?! Kashima is a character from the anime Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun. Definitely one of my favorite animes by far! I plan on doing a group cosplay as Chiyo with my amazing friends like Jeremy (who will obviously be my Nozaki because his tall self is canon as hell). 



Afterwards, we had gone into the artist alley and exhibition hall! It was really fun honestly, and I actually got around to seeing a lot of great art this time. This artist above in particular was one of my favorites of all time. I had purchased this gorgeous picture of a black woman dolled up with flowers in her hair. It was just...so stunning. All of her pieces made my heart sing. The more you looked, the more you began to find little treasures that just pushed you to try and fight buying it. I wish I had more money on me honestly, it's such a blessing to see such amazing work like this.


These little melted figurines were really cute! I really should have written a lot of these vendors and artists' names and shop names down...instead of just their booth numbers. 




AAAAAH. I don't know why the photo above isn't rotated, but I'm just going to pretend like it isn't (even if I'm talking about it). These are the photos of all the things I had snagged for my sister! I love getting her little treasures from conventions because she's usually too busy with work to truly enjoy any of the artwork there. 


I had purchased this really adorable picture above because my sister is the type of person who finds images like these really precious. My sister is the kind of person who's able to befriend a lot of people and she's the soul that manages to brighten the lives of others up with how fun, easygoing, and real she is. She always finds a way to bring a smile to someone's face and she always manages to help others feel happier...even if in this case it may be a shadow or a ghost. 


These next two photos were from a Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli set. A lot of it was based off of food, which I knew that my sister would find cute and humorous. 



And of course...dogs in donuts!



These next few photos are mostly just based off of the things that I had snapped when I was roaming around the exhibition hall!



Actually, with the help of Keith, I managed to snag the markers/copic skirt! It's definitely one of my favorite clothing pieces in my entire closet now. I'm planning on wearing it tomorrow when we do our coloring unit in my costuming class!



I really love this store by the way. Isn't everything just the cutest? The donut print below made my heart SING. 




And obviously, oyasumi punpun is still very important in my heart. I absolutely cannot stand it in a way...but I just can't help myself. I love it regardless. It hurts, and it makes me cry...but it's perfect.


I had also gotten a couple of stickers (below) from the great artist (above)! Wasn't able to snap any photos of the actual booth due to the artist's policy on photos, but that's perfectly okay. 



Penelope Loves Prints ! This is the artist that I had purchased those adorable Studio Ghibli and animal and food wonderland postcards from. Amazing watercolor work. Truly my favorite by far. 



Another artist that I really loved is Casey Robin! She's such a sweetheart and I had the funnest time talking about dolls with her (she has some of the sweetest, most cutest dolls ever and she does photoshoots of them!!! it's LITERALLY precious and she is also such a precious and true human being. she OOZES cuteness in its truest form). I really fell in love with her valentine set, and her ethereal fairies! I bought one of the fairies for Heather, so I didn't manage to snag a photo of that one, but I really am happy that I got these. 


They'll all be going in either a huge art book, or will be displayed in my art studio for inspiration! 


I also had a mini panic attack today. I'm not sure why, but when I get in very crowded places and I"m alone, I just start breaking down. I can't help myself. I'm afraid. I'm scared. I'm trying...but I managed to break through. I talked with Keith when he had came back from the exhibit hall and we managed to help get me to calm down and clean up in the bathroom. I then started having a really stupid, but incredibly fun and silly time using the snapchat filter for wondercon! 
(Ignore my stupid face)



I had ran into the exhibit hall again though because I had went back to get the copic skirt from this one booth when I was feeling better...and I saw this gorgeous costume of the red queen. I was speechless. 


Look at the details!


I haven't found myself that interested in the Alice in wonderland interpretation in this movie series, but it's definitely commendable costume wise. It brings me so much happiness and joy to be able to see costumes up close! It makes my heart sing.


Afterwards, we hung around and waited for friends to take photos and we all goofed around and made more friends until we all headed over to Little Tokyo for some food. 


I ordered this really delicious plate of food that I managed to finish completely on my own!! (Finally) And it was really amazing. I had definitely took out the wasabi though... I don't hate myself that much. 


Wearing the super cute eyemask from Kira kira doodles that Heather had bought me for my birthday present, I wore it around because I was dead tired and I'm pretty sure I entered a phase that I REALLY shouldn't have (aka my "i'm asleep and tired don't TALK to me" phase....or even worse ....). No one has told me anything though...so I'll just shut up about it. After a while of waiting, we all went to go karaoke! It was incredibly fun, but XLanes in Little Tokyo wouldn't let me in without an adult guardian. Keith later came to my rescue because friends do that for one another!! But ... then I got X'd and marked as contraband because I'm underage and can't legally drink...eh.



But we STILL had an amazing time! It was so much fun, and I can't imagine spending that day any other way. I made so many new friends. I saw so many great cosplayers. I experienced and felt the artwork on so many wonderful people. I was truly touched this time around. I can't wait for Wondercon to come back to Anaheim next year, it'll definitely be a treat that I can't wait to taste again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...