Saturday, July 18, 2015

Covering Up Old Mistakes...


Hey guys! So I decided that I'll be just moving around from place to place depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm in the mood for. So, to start off this new system of things I'm going to jump back a few months and talk about how I had tried to cover up the shirt that you see here! The shirt here is an old shirt that had been bleached to have the words that you see. Although... now looking back at it and seeing how stunning my original shirt had been.. I realize how stupid of a mistake this had been. 


So here's my attempt at finding a solution! I'm taking the chance and trying to wet felt and needle felt some wool roving to the shirt that you see above.


The wool that I'm using had been a beautiful gift from my wonderful art teacher and I've been trying to find the perfect opportunity to use it and I feel like this would be the best option.


Below is the shirt before the felting process.



Now the shirt that you see below is the shirt once it had been wet felted the best that it could have been.


I personally like the colors a lot more than the writing.. although it does look a little funky.



I did end up facing a serious problem! I had no idea what the original material was made up of and so I had tried to felt together a stretchy fabric with the wools that you see here. Later finding out.. it wasn't gonna work out in the end.


So I've decided that I'm going to try to cover up my mistake up by felting the piece separately.. later sewing it to the shirt and then creating a pleasing design that will completely attach it to the shirt using embroidery and embellishments.


And at the end of all this.. I'm sure to tell you that this is going to be one incredibly artsy shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...