Monday, July 6, 2015

Wood Sculpture!


For one of my more recent assignments, I was required to create a wooden assignment that would be mounted upon a wall.


Originally, I was going to do something completely different...but what had ended up happening was that I had decided to make something... different....


I had created a paper mache human being that I had later mounted on top of the wood. The person was painted with acrylic paints and then dressed with a nice, extravagant ivory fabric.


And I had used various instruments as my inspiration!








That had been traced over with an industrial wire, also mounting some cityscapes, some wine glasses, glass, and more. 



Surrounding the person are glass, watercolored butterflies, music notes, collaged tissue papers, wood burned designs, and more.



Also, actual wig hair for the model and nail polish that had helped create the features.


Honestly, I'm not satisfied with the design, but it's the best that I can do...and I guess that I was really burned out honestly. but... whatever... what's done is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...