Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Maya Fey -- Cosplay progress


Hey guys! So I'm starting to jump around on the timeline... and before I post about Johanna and myself, here are some photos of my Maya progress. The main part that you see is a customized dress shirt that was way too large on me and I decided to make use of the fabric. Unfortunately, I had no idea that I was working off of a completely different color scheme because of the reference pictures I had used.


But! The sash came out great! I'm really glad that it came out exactly like how I needed it.


The wig styling was a mess though. After I had cut Maya's bangs.. it was time to style the back of the hair. First, I had installed some extra extensions to help add in more hair to work with but it started giving me some problems. It ended up being way too heavy... and would slide off my head.. and the worst part was that because of all the styling that the wig needed in the back.. it ended up making a mess of the rest of the wig too. I tried several different TLC (tender love and care) things like hairstyling TLC sprays and different brushes (boar vs regular wig combs vs wide tooth vs etc.) and it was still a mess compared to my other wigs.. so I gave up. 


It's not too bad but I have really high standards for myself... ahh the problems...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...