Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mori Clothing Customization -- Originals


Hey guys! So one of my latest art assignments had been to find a bunch of different articles of clothing and to reimagine and then reconstruct them into a pleasing piece of clothing with an eye catching design.


But before I simply go straight into posting about the progress of the outfit.. I'd like to share the original pieces of clothing. 


The first piece that you see here is an old, victorian styled linen robe with a beautiful lace trim around the ends. 


There are several rips and tears in the fabric, but we can make do.. no?


Next, we have a nice loose knitted, sheer long sleeved shirt from Forever 21. It's a beautiful cream-y color and the fabric itself is to die for.


I'm sure something amazing and incredibly stunning could be made out of this!


Really.. I love the qualities of it.


Next we have an old night gown. Sorry for the weird exposure and lighting! The night gown is actually a light tan/light khaki color. 


It has amazing embroidery on the front along with some beating and sequins.


The textures all over the nightgown are absolutely beautiful.


Also, we have this shirt that you see above! Although... I believe I had ended up changing my mind and completely taking the shirt out as I had loved how it looked way too much. I did end up using a plain white stretchy knit shirt along with a Abercrombie (?) white flowy skirt made with a textured linen fabric for the bottom portion of the dress. Also, I ended up repainting the shoes that are shown there.. but I guess I never took photos of those myself...



Another requirement of the assignment was that I had to bring in at least 2 different types of fabrics.. and I believe I used oh so much more...


But! Here's one of the latest shots that I had taken. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.. although I can assure you that I'm aiming to recreate a dress similar to the butterfly one that I wore so many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...