Thursday, November 19, 2015

♡ Fuzzball Earrings ♡



Don't mind the messy shirt, I was baking brownies a while ago and I'm honestly a mess...plus...this post is actually about the earrings in case you were confused. The earrings were made out of fuzzballs that I had made. 


The core is a ball of wool roving and then I had wrapped it in faux fur. After all of that, I had sewn it to the earrings ♡  
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the regular store bought pompom ball earrings, the ones that seem to be made out of yarn, and the ones that don't seem to be too full and end up looking awkward (mine look awkward too but to be fair I've been feeling them all up because I'm a bit obsessive with textures). If anything, I'd spend the extra money to buy the fullest ones that sit nicely between my pierced ear and my shoulder. Any more than a few inches from where they are now would be awkward...beyond awkward. 


I like how they turned out if you ask me! I ended up gifting these to Chesca, but I plan on making another pair for myself when I find more fabric...so maybe I'll make a tutorial then? Most likely won't though because I did get the idea from a Japanese indie brand that I had seen at Moshi Moshi Nippon or Anime Expo. It may have been Liz Lisa, Swankiss, or one of those types. I know I recall seeing it from one of the gyaru styled brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...