Friday, May 15, 2015

Modern Neutrals -- Finished




Hey guys!! Well my dress is finally finished as you all had been shown before and I'm so happy that it is! 



The dress is for the recycled art and fashion show in Temecula, California. The requirement was that majority of the outfit had to be made out of recycled items and .. that's what I had done! 



Here's what I had sent out in my email for it. 


Hello! My name is Laarnie Barcelon. I had recently found out about the Recycled art and fashion show two days ago and I have finally finished my entry. I have designed and then constructed the dress and am also the one who will be modeling it. 



Unfortunately because of time restraints and more, my design is rather simple. Much, much simpler than any of the designs that I have seen on the site. Nonetheless, this is my design and its titled "Modern Neutrals". My design was a more modern twist on the classic European styles that I have been studying. The design and its purpose is to remind people (especially members of my age group) that flashy and bigger isn't always better; sometimes we have to keep things in life simple. In a way, referring back to the basics or keeping it classy. My design attached to this email and I had hoped to improve it by adding a cardigan, belt, hat,petticoat skirt, and heels to bring more of that black from the garbage bags throughout the piece.




The materials that I had used consisted mostly of reused and repurposed scavenged items. The brown pieces is a textured cardboard paper-like item that I had saved from when I had unpacked music stands. The black that you see in the front is a black garbage bag that I had used to transport items to and from school without getting it dirty. The top is made out of a saran wrap base, wrapped around in masking tape, and then modpodged newspapers over top. The floral designs that you see around the dress are made of old school assignments that aren't needed anymore and tissue paper from old gifts. The nail polish is about two or some number of years old that I don't believe I"ll be using anymore. The foam is styrofoam from my el pollo loco dinner last night. Thank you for providing this opportunity! I appreciate it very, very much.



What do you guys think? 






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...