Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello Kitty to Issho:Kirishima Moe Cosplay Progress & Finished Look


Hey everyone! So I recall telling you all that I was going to make a cosplay for this character that had been designed for Sanrio Japan's artist project and collaboration: Hello Kitty to Issho!. I recall telling you guys that I was going to make it for Hello Kitty con... only to never full make it in time because tickets were sold out. A little while ago though.. my magnificent and amazing sister had bought us tickets to attend one of the showings for Hello Kitty's Supercute friendship festival at Inglewood, California. 
 

So.. I went to go do just that! Here's a link for the site about Kirishima Moe by the way. She was designed by Koge-Donbo*, a Japanese artist and mangaka known well for Kamichama Karin, Di-Gi-Charat, and Pita Ten. 



!!!


But moving on! So I first started off making all of the little accessories and what not. What I had done as I had used some shrinky dink plastic to create everything... drawing and getting all the features on with sharpies and felt tip markers.


And then I put them in to bake!



Most of them came out alright in the end..




But I also had some pretty bad luck...




"bad luck" is saying how I truly felt lightly. I redid them a couple of times though but at some point I gave up and stopped caring so I used the warped ones nonetheless.


As you can see here.. that's definitely what happened haha! Gross.




And here are the parts for the hair! I had ordered alligator clips for this actually, but they took forever to arrive so I ended up using these gold clips.


before attaching all the what nots, I had put the hair up in pigtails (the best that I could without you being able to tell that they're gross LOL).


Woo the wig was a mess to deal with (to be expected of a cheap eBay wig though.. it's been good while it lasted! although it does remind me of my real hair because my hair is a MESS like this wig).



Shots of the bag~



After I had finished everything that was needed on the bag, I went straight into the skirt.



I had this adorable cotton fabric that worked perfectly for the outfit that I needed for Kirishima.


And you can see how it looks here!


I added some little bow at the bottom of the skirt too~


Although I had decided on using flannel instead of a similar cotton.





!!!






And here we are! All ready and done. Although this is pretty much my least favorite cosplay and because I didn't do it justice, I still made it in time and it lasted throughout the festival. I'm just happy that I got it done haha~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...