Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pacific Media Expo (PMX) -- Decora Fashion Coordinate & Attending Day 3 (Monday)



Hey guys! I am 100% aware that I'm not working and writing properly or chronologically (I've been working off of my phone! Thank god there's an app out there that properly and efficiently works with blogger!) and that I'm sincerely all over the place.. But I more recently had attended the pacific media expo in Pasadena, California on Monday! 
I had found some amazingly cheap tickets on Goldstar a little while back and I just HAD to get a hold on this amazing opportunity. Actual tickets off of the site were in the $30s or $40s and so this was just a MUST. 

The heat and the location were definitely going to be two major factors that I couldn't deal with. At first, I was going to try to complete my tinkerbell cosplay but I couldn't due to the fact that my home life had a few problems working around... but that's not the point here. In the end, I managed! I ended up deciding on wearing Decora fashion and it really turned out to be a good thing in the end... You'll see why ;) !

AHHH so first things first, I got there around 11pm but didn't really do much until later. I had picked up an absolutely amazing matcha tea latte from Tom & Toms coffee. I had stayed here for a good couple of minutes .. and not really finishing it off because finding a nice matcha green tea latte is so, so incredibly difficult honestly. Most of the time, when you buy matcha green tea lattes.. the matcha powder they use doesn't dissolve properly into the drink and ends up just gathering at the bottom...making it kind of gross and discomforting to drink. Somehow... Tom & Tom coffee didn't do that? It was like a miracle.


Also..Lame selfie of my face after we finished coffee... ((Btw saying "we" because I was hanging out with Leonard at the time!!He was the one who also took the nice pictures that you see below~ if only I didn't look so derpy LMAO.. it was difficult to deal with the decora everywhere.))

Also.. Full body shots of my outfit!! There's gonna be a nicer post of my first interpretation of this coordinate on my rika-tama blog but for now, this is what you'll be getting. Originally, I was going to wear the jacket but due to the heat, I decided against it and wore it like so.


But yeah...I had worn decora to PMX and it was pretty nice to be honest! Although it was rather heavy and a little discomforting due to the layers and accessories... I still liked it nonetheless. Somehow I can imagine myself wearing this again.. in a way it's as discomforting as wearing lolita around.. and although they're different and have two different styles.. it's still nice to be able to compare them. It helps me love both so much more....

And also... a nice rundown of the coordinate! 

Shirt- Tasty Peach Studios
Sweater - Aeropostale 
Skirt- ririmon.com
Iridescent Leggings- off brand 
Socks-zakka store & daiso Japan
Shoes-eBay  


Accessories rundown!! 

Head accessories--
Wig: eBay 
Bows: handmade by me
Pastel hearts accessories: made by me from a DIY kit from daiso Japan 
Clips: LaLaLoopsy, Sanrio, eBay, daiso Japan, Disney
Tiara: Dollar tree 


Hand accessories--
Rings: daiso Japan, cupcake rings, arcade game, Sanrio, vending machines, eBay, and a light up ring pop shaped ring from one of my sisters production sets 

Wrist accessories -- 
Sanrio, Disney, Claire's, off brand, eBay, Walmart, dollar tree, McDonald's, Daiso Japan, target,alpacasso, japanla


Necklace accessories -- 
Party city, handmade iridescent choker, grape necklace(gift from sister), polymer clay bunny berry necklace by Amy I. , hand knitted and dyed merino wool scarf

Little things-- 
Buttons by am various artists, from hello kitty's super cute friendship festival
Off brand necklace
Badge holder : worldofdecoden 
Peeler bead alpaca badge belt-- Michele Bolanos (Instagram @madeof_starstuff) 
Cupcake-- Bath and body works 
Little hello kitty on shoulder- navy set tsum tsum hello kitty(Sanrio) 


Makeup-- 

Foundation: too faced 
Lipstain-revlon
Eyebrows- maybeline
Eyeliner- l'oreal 
Glitter hearts- Michael's 
 Eyelashes- eBay 
Bandaid- Disney design band aid 


Not bad in my opinion but it was really rough moving around and feeling comfortable in this outfit. Serious shoutout to anyone who truly can handle wearing things like this... 


And then I had finally met up with my love Chesca! She's dressed up kinda Lolita/otome uvu !!


And to be more legit.. A shot of us in front of the backdrop! 


We had also gotten asked several times by photographers for photos when we were simply just trying to get connection.. it's been interesting tbh.


Later, we had met up with our amazing and super cute and wonderful friends Dylan and Beari. It was really interesting.. because while Chesca was doing her thing and trying to purchase these gorgeous food theme tights from the R-series fashion booth, I was talking with Dylan about Monster High, Ever After High, LaLaLoopsy, and so much more. It was just such a pleasure to talk with another person about both the dolls and the television shows.

And after we went to go get some stuff from the fashion boutique, we had started lining up for the fashion show. Also, we met up with my decora inspiration Sam!! 😍!! The line was insane though..


And honestly when we finally made it inside.. it was incredibly disappointing. There must have been seating for at most 30 bodies which is absolutely ridiculous considering the fashion show is the most important part/most publicized factor of PMX. For a first timer along with what I've grasped from my cosplay friends.. this con was definitely a disappointment and a huge "no" from me. I have no idea if I am willing to spend money on an event like this again.. even though the price was such a good deal.


But here are my two fave shots of outfits from the show!! 


And...


I definitely will be posting about the show separately though! I took a good amount of photos on my canon point & shoot... still have to download the photos that Chesca had taken at MoshiMoshiNippon too. 


Also.. silly but great. During the line wait.. because there was definitely a wait.. I had asked Chesca to be my decora darling LOL. It was perfect.


And we had gotten interviewed by local Japanese news station UTB 18.2!! 


And .. 



Not to mention, I had finally gotten pictures with the amazing Cyril from doll delight and DJmerlin 😭💖💖💖!! 


!!! 


But we had also gotten photos taken of by LAweekly!! I'll post the photos of it later in a different post because I'm not exactly feeling up to it right now.. sorry friends.


Unfortunately.. Right after the fashion show happened the con had started coming back to an end... It was pretty sad... So we went off and enjoyed some time elsewhere! 


Some drinks from Intelligentsia coffee and then some amazing Mac and cheese pie from the Pie Hole. 



And then if you checked in, you get a free high five! 


And some extra little shots below from the food haha~ 

 

!!!

 

!!! 


((We got caught!!!))


And after all of that, It was time to go home because there wasn't much time left for us... Due to money I wasn't able to get anything as a souvenier but Chesca had given me some amazing postcards that I absolutely love and admire from her purchase from the R-series booth.


It was so rough trying to pick through everything haha... You can see the ones that I ended up keeping in the fashion show post~

But here's a shot of how all of the accessories I had worn managed to fit when they were all off (including the wig).


OH!! and let's not forget the fact that I took super cute photo booth pictures with my amazing friends 💕 



They're my absolute faves. If they weren't with me, I probably would have found this con to be incredibly boring.. even though it kind of was haha. What a horrible first experience honestly.. but still nice nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...