Monday, February 18, 2013

Handmade Necklace


A while ago, I had taken a liking to viewing fashion designs from Japan. One of my favorite parts of viewing the designs would be to look at the accessories. 


The accessory that this tutorial is based off of an accessory from the Everlasting Sprout 2012 collection. 



The materials I used for this necklace are:

Black sewing thread
Scissors
Felt
A sharp needle
Beads

Extras I used:

Buttons
pom pom  balls
A chain
Wire working tools






First, I cut out a 3.5in by 7.5in piece of felt. 



Then I folded both ends to the middle of the fabric


Pinching it together


And then sewing through so that the fabric would hold to the shape.



After sewing, it should look the same as below.


Then, I had cut a 3in by 1.5in piece of felt and sewed that part on.



With a couple of extra goodies and pieces of felt that I had cut out to also be placed with the necklace,


Along with the various items and tools used to spice things up a little more...


Waaalahh! Here we have the finished necklace.



I made it so that it matches a couple of the outfits that I own. 


And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...