Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bitten Chocolate Tutorial


So for Anne's birthday, I had gone through and through to figure out how I was going to figure out what I was going to make her for her birthday gift. In the end, I figured it out! Though my way is beneficial to those seeking to make cool products that don't have the actual tools to do so.


Tools that you'll need:

Sculpey Gloss Glaze (Or Modpodge)
A rolling pin (I used a sharpie)
A knife (I used to use index cards before I bought a knife. It usually prices for $4 at your local Michael's)
A cookie cutter (I used an index card)
Polymer clay (I used the colors white, light green (a mix between neon green and white), and brown for my piece)
a paintbrush





First, you'll want to take out the white piece of clay and roll it out so that it's long and thin.




It's best if you start working out with white first so that you don't contaminate any of the colors.


 Next, you'll take the green polymer clay and start to shape it to the wanted shape of the chocolate.


Once you have your base shaped to your preference, you'll move on to the next part. The chocolate!



It's best that you have it rolled up into a ball because it'd be easier for when you roll it out into a long and wide sheet of clay.


(As you can see, I used a sharpie marker instead of an actual rolling pin. It works if you have the necessary determination to do so.)



When you're finished with the sharpie, it should come out to looking as above. 


Although, this isn't enough to cover over my base, so I stretched it out a bit more to be flatter by using my fingers.


(Although I didn't only use my fingers, I pressed it against the table, requiring the use of the knife to scrape it off of the table.)


After you have the sheet of brown clay, you want to surround your base with the clay. 


Then take the excess clay,


and gather all of it at the bottom of the piece.


Using the knife, cut off the excess clay and then smooth out your piece. 


It should look like above for the visible parts of the piece, and below for the underside.



Adding the frosting/drizzle is where the white clay comes in.


You'd just simply arrange it and tear it from one another so that it creates a natural drizzle look. (I'm not quite sure as any other way to say it, woops)


My finished design for the drizzles!


Now take the index card and bend it so that there is a curve. With the curve, you want to place it int he spot that you want the bite mark to be, and then pressing down in order for the clay part to separate from your piece.


Continue to do so by making smaller curves to your preference. It should come out looking like a bite mark as above!




( A side view of the finished piece. )

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...