Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Shellfish Earrings


It's funny that I'm titling this as "shellfish earrings" when this is definitely not a shellfish project! These shells were given to me by my sister from her trip to Alaska and the gist of the purpose is to recreate them as earrings for my mom. My sister thought it'd be an interesting little project for me and I definitely could not turn down the offer. 


So what I had done was, I had created a little bubble on the inside using hot glue to attach the earring hooks in place with wire. Before doing this, I had cleaned the area I was gluing just in case it would create a problem.


And here we are! They look really pretty when on actually, but I completely forgot to take a picture for that. Oops! This is definitely a fun little project and gift to give to others using little things that you've gotten when traveling. In the future though, I'd suggest using an industrial glue instead of hot glue (my mistake) as it lead to some problems and I had to come back to the earrings to fix them up a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...