Friday, December 18, 2015

Vent art


Ahh,, so I have to say this again but I am definitely not a 2-Dimensional artist. I am awful at art that's...well 2-D. I'd love to try and pick up 2-D art but I've gotten a lot of flack in the past for drawing "anime" art. I've obviously been able to draw other types of art in the past, but that doesn't stop the fact that.. I can't bring myself to do it most of the time. But I definitely will do anything I feel the need to vent. This art piece in particular is definitely a piece that I had made over the worst period of my life. I had gone through a long, long period of stress and I had felt an overwhelmingly large amount of negativity. College stresses, stresses from relationships, stresses from being thrown so early into adulthood with no idea of what I'm doing but still being expected to act and behave like an adult. Whatever really. 
***
I had made this piece using acrylic paint. I had originally sketched out using pencil my template...but I'm not sure what came over me during the painting process. My persona started leaning and at some point I completely destroyed her facial features. I had also used some deep, saturated purples and pinks to create movement in the background to further express my emotions. I'm not sure how these colors and the like all tie together, but in the end I felt incredibly lighter. The flowers around the pieces are from the flowers that my sister had given me for my birthday. I had dried them as they meant so much to me, and I had used them in this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...