Wednesday, April 2, 2014

LA Japan Fair || Relief for Japan Festival with Priscilla (⁎˃ᆺ˂)!


 
Not too long ago, Priscilla and I went to the LA Japan Fair in 2013. It was right next to the area that the orange county fair is held and was used as a fundraiser to help out those who were affected by the tsunami in Japan.

Although we didn't do very much, we got to the fair/festival around 11am or noon maybe? We spent most of the time goofing around at some of the booths where Priscilla had be play these interesting yoyo balloon games.

Although most of the time, I hear how hard the yoyo balloon challenge games are (The correct name is Rakuten) and I would have to say otherwise. You're given a paperclip that is attached to some sort of rice paper and you're asked to try to fish out the balloon.Here's some pictures of what the game looks like.




Once we got a little bored playing games (which there wasn't all that many, it was mostly the two of us goofing around playing a whole bunch of children's games), we went to go get some food! We tried our best to get some takoyaki before the lines got too long and I'm really glad that we did.

NO matter where it may be, I'll always be in love with having takoyaki regardless of who's made it. Takoyaki just tastes delicious I love it!! I ate the whole set of 6 on my own and Priscilla got full after eating 3 of them on her own.

It looks so delicious though I mean what's not to love about food..



Priscilla's parents also spent a lot of money buying food for Priscilla and I that in the end, we got too hungry to eat all of. Some of the food tasted really peanut-y and I couldn't stand it at all...Peanuts and me are not all that great together.

Some of the bowls were dented...awkward.

And after we went out and finished all of our food, we watched some of the taiko players that came over and we went around and played as much as we can until we got bored....and then we realized that there were still animals in the farm area so we played a little bit.



















We got some cotton off of the branches because Priscilla thought the cotton was really cool. Also, below are the things that we brought back from our little trip! Too man things if you ask me...but nonetheless!







(while this post is still here i'll just show this cute little gift Jewel gave me Jewel is such a precious sweetheart I swear to god!!!)





And here are some pictures of the really sweet gift that Priscilla had bought me for Christmas! It's a cute and sweet little bunny coin bank.




And going back to normal things, here are the rest of the things I came back with!


Also, do any of you know of that game where you use a rice net to fish for something, usually goldfish? It's called Kingyo Sukui. There was a sanrio booth that allowed you to pay money to play games and get as many items as you could and I played it twice. It wasn't that hard actually!


I also payed to play some of the luck games, spinning the wheel to get either 1st place, 2nd place, or 3rd place. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get anything other than 3rd and 2nd so here were my prizes! Some exclusive stickers from Japan and a sweet little wide ruled journal.

Rather than scooping for gold fish, I was able to scoop for some sanrio character rubber figures! I thought these were the cutest and I loved trying to get them. 





















I would definitely try this again! It's such a fun experience and it's so sweet and easy to do. I love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...