Monday, July 21, 2014

Finished dress!


So as you all know, I have been working constantly to make sure that my cosplay for Anime Expo will be finished and done! Unfortunately, I guess you can say that I fell in love with the outfit that I had made..


This dress was the one that I had made using the two garments and then made the sleeves using flannel that I had leftover. I had used http://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/2013/02/how-to-insert-sleeve.html and http://www.clothingpatterns101.com/bishop-sleeve.html. The sleeve that I had made is called a bishop sleeve, although the top part was cut off to fit the design of the dress. While the fabrics aren't all the same and was mostly thrown together and cut up..I didn't think that it was too harsh of a problem..? 


I'm a little sad though! It's so wonderful..it makes me sad thinking about how I'd have to dye it ;A;!! I worked so hard to make sure everything gathered correctly and that things were in the right spots...also, I was very,very careful to make sure that I was using the right pattern! I had to handmake it myself and then tamper with it to make sure it had the same look that I needed....I guess it's also kind of sad that I really am not the best at measuring myself. I kind of...that's why reis was always around..? Sucks when it's summer vacation..pfft..I am kind of helpless...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...