Thursday, July 31, 2014

Under the Rosebeds

Have you heard about the baker's daughter? They say that she had disappeared the day of her wedding and that no one has seen her since..but there's a rumor that she lays underneath the rose bed by the Prince's castle..


Hey guys! So lately, I've been trying to make use of all the "trash" in my room! Me being me, I've found use for all the little things that people call trash and I've found a way to make use of everything. With this, I'm happy to say that I started a new project line! It's called rumors. These pieces are all created and then are given a rumor or some kind of gossip. So far, most of them are based off of old folk tales and mythical creatures.


This piece was created using an old Ferrero rocher container and an old bouquet that I had dried! I had originally started by hot gluing a piece of tissue paper to the bottom, then slowly added the rest of the pieces. The girls in all of my pieces are drawn by hand onto cardstock and then colored in using colored pencils, watercolor, or with crayons.



The flowers were crushed and trimmed to achieve the look I'd have gone for. This piece is inspired by the tale of Sleeping Beauty. I had hoped to achieve a, I guess you can say, morbid and twisted look based .


Follow through the read more to see more pictures of the piece!































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...