Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ceramics Interactive Final -- Finished




Hey guys! Guess what's also finally finished? (Also if you hadn't noticed by the slow amounts of posts and by the lag that you see from my instagram and twitter accounts to my blog over here, I'm running very, very behind!!) 


That's right! The interactive sculpture is finally finished once and for all. 


All of the pieces that you see here have finally been glazed and taken care of. Then there are some extra pieces such as the pink swirls and the rocks that I had made using polymer clay, covered in metallic dust, and then baked. 


I honestly had no idea that the construction of the piece was going to be as difficult as it had been. It took such a long amount of time to get all the wire to be the shape that I had needed it to be...



And to string the wire through the pieces so that it'd work nice and smoothly didn't end up working too well either... it was and ended up being extremely difficult and hadn't been as wonderful as I had expected and anticipated it to be. 



For the deer, I had put wire through the legs and the body to keep them together. I had carefully picked a wire that was similar to the metal that I had used around the deer, in case you were wondering! And then I had added some twine around the neck to get rid of that empty space. 



I had also finally got around to painting the face on! It's not similar on both sides, but I honestly don't feel like that matters too much. I still like it nonetheless. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...