Thursday, April 9, 2015

Slab Wrap (Finished)


Remember how a long while ago I talked about that slab wrap and I posted video and all that fun stuff about it? Well here it is! The finished product.


Originally, the slab wrap didn't look like this. It was much more...bland. Everyone else who had seen it was very fond of how it turned out (I had used the ceramic watercolors and then dipped it into the transparent glaze like I do with all of my ceramic pieces) but I had decided that it just wasn't enough..


My piece had to be just right. Ethereal and perfect the way it SHOULD be. So I had talked to my art teacher about using the nail polishes to give it a nice look and then using the acrylic paints as a stain to give it a nice look. 


I had used several nail polish brands like Essie, OPI, Julep, and some generic store brands...but I tried really hard to get the look here. I even got some glittery nail polish coating to add that wonderful look that I had wanted.



After, I had gotten the metallic acrylics and used my champagne color along with the copper color to give it that wonderful look! It's just so colorful and sparkly and just...perfect in every way shape and form!



I'm incredibly proud about it! What do you guys think? I'm trying to sell it around $30~35 at Open House this April 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...