Sunday, April 12, 2015

Saori Loom adventures & planning



So for my next assignment, I am supposed to come up with something to create and weave on the saori loom here at school and I had decided that I was going to recreate this beautiful cardigan that you see in the book above. 


And thankfully I have a sweet cutie pie to keep me company while I weave!


But fun fact....it was incredibly difficult to deal with all this because I completely missed and got too close when cutting off my yarn...cutting the weft ... sigh. But thank goodness for this neat trick!


But otherwise...it was beautiful. 


At least I think so! I definitely did try to test out some different techniques like the one that Kaili always uses. I managed to figure it out after reading the book but thank goodness I tried because now I know that I can do it and I know that I also don't want to because of how time consuming it is...


And a little later, I had decided that I was going to redo the warp to achieve the much needed 40 mm length from the 20mm warp...


Which was not only time consuming but incredibly... irritating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...