Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wire Art form + My New Sunglasses!!


Not too long ago, Mrs. Sposa had asked me to make some wire art forms (or something) for a wire quilt that she was contemplating about. She used Josh and I as her little guinea pigs and I honestly found it really fun! 


This piece is made up with wire, yarn, leftover embroidery floss and pearl cottons, and some plastic and ceramic beads. The theme or main idea/focal point (whatever I don' tknow aghh) was "shooting stars". I tried to give it a colorful galaxy look because after a while, being limited to certain colors can get a little boring...while it is effective in the grand scheme of things....it can get a little boring.


I used a lot of bas relief because I wanted to try it out and I honestly enjoyed it...for the most part at least.



This piece isn't one of my favorites...not at all...but I enjoyed making it! I recommended that she should give this assignment to her 7th graders because it's fun and gives more room for tinkering and creative/artistic ideas to bubble. It's always good to get as much creativity from your students while they're still young and their lives aren't as stressful...or by the book..or whatever. 


You could also argue that this assignment is more interesting and playful and would be better for students their age and of their interests..you could also get a lot of students who could come back in 8th grade for 3D art rather than for 2D art too! I'm always a big fan of 3D art more than 2D art but don't tell anyone I said that....woops.





And on another note, I got these really sweet cat eyed (with jewels!!) sunglasses from my sister! The brand is Unionbay and I believe that these are by far the most fitting set of sunglasses I've ever gotten...I'm bound to break it sooner or later though. I am just that awful....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...