Saturday, November 22, 2014

Bowtie knits & Failures


Hey guys! 


I don't know if I had kept you all up to date but I had attempted to knit a bowtie using the superwash merino wool that I had spun up...although...unfortunately I was unable to get it to work because of the small amount of yarn that I had (I expected to have more, not less) and because I was guessing the majority of the time for the pattern and all those things...


It's mostly my fault, to say it simply. If you're interested in seeing final results and more, just follow through the read more! It's a little bit more than just the normal pictures with very little caption to them...but the post itself is still very picture heavy....you have definitely been warned.




It's just a regular knit, through and through...


But because I had ran out of yarn a little early on, I had decided to just use a yarn that looked similar to the one I had started with and then I had crocheted around the entire knit piece so that the yarn flowed throughout.


Here are the shots of when the knitted piece is worn like a bowtie (a very crummy and tight bowtie though...so I was unable to give it to Reis....which I had originally hoped to do)





Personally I think that the bowtie looks a little large and kind of ridiculous...but I think that's also the fun in it too....it has that kind of look.



But after I gave up trying, I just tied the piece around my head as an accessory-like thing and it turned into a sweet little headband tie!








Not bad don't cha think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...