Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ball Jointed Doll Photography Test Shots


Hey guys! Here are some of the test shots of the ball jointed doll look that I had tried my best to do for photography class! They're just some extra shots that I had taken here and there with a mirrorless fujifax camera but they came out incredibly wonderful. 


I had come to the conclusion that the marking shouldn't be all that large or thick, it doesn't have to be perfect and incredibly precise at all, and that the makeup shading needs a little shine and a little more shading. 


I really enjoyed seeing the hard lighting in the room that we had gotten from the florescent lighting here, but I just don't know if that's what I'd really like for this book. Personally, I think it'd be kind of nice...I just don't know if it'd work..or if I'd have a model who would let me do something like this to their body.


I know for a fact though that I would most likely be testing out some next shots by using  a fish eye lens and with the same technique. Also, in order to buy my winter formal dress I'll be throwing out my other idea of using a marionette kind of look as I don't own any corsets or anything else that could possibly fit the look that I'm trying to get....but hopefully there'll be a light that shines through that tells me that everything will be alright.



I definitely don't think I'll be going with two light sources as you can see in the below photos here.


Also, next time I think it woul dbe smart to also do the wrists and the knees if they're in the shot. Regardless of how little or how many minutes I have to get to work with everything, it's definitely worth trying and testing out.


I'll also have to take into consideration what I'd like my subject to wear...but I, as I will restate, have yet to find a model who will let me do something like this to them that knows and will be willing to try to become a creepy, living, porcelain/ceramic ball jointed doll. 


But I definitely don't think I would want to keep my one light source that close to me...or in that angle either.


I guess you could say that I have always been in love with dolls because of people like Kimbra, Far East Mention Mannequins, and because of products like figmas, anime figurines, and pullip ball jointed dolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...