Thursday, January 8, 2015

Omikuji (Japanese Fortune Telling Slips)


So the other day, I had spent forever trying to make a very simplified version of the omikuji. A Japanese fortune telling slip of paper that you pay to draw at a shrine for your fortune for the upcoming new year.


In case you're interested in learning more about them, just follow through the link here and you can see and understand more! 



But I had made a total of 173 slips. They're made out of origami paper and some leftover papers that we had from when we still had our business.


The writings on it ranged from Great blessing to Future blessing to Curse and Small curse. When I had explained the curses to the club, they were a little weary but in the end, they were all really happy with the activity. They really enjoyed it and I'm incredibly glad that they did!


I'm really hoping that I could come up with more activities like these, regardless of how much time and energy I put in trying to figure out something better. Nonetheless, I hope everyone is interested in seeing this up on the club wall this upcoming new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...