Friday, August 1, 2014

A shell-fish project


My mom had wanted our house to have a nice little "beach" theme because our house is the only light blue house on our street. This theme carries on from outside of the house to inside of the house. It's not a bad little theme, but it's one that requires a lot of effort to achieve.



With that in mind, my mom had bought a large glass container to hold all of the seashells that we've had kept. Although the problem is that the shells were all a part of old wind chimes that we've had outside until they'd fallen and broke.


That being said, we were asked to remove all the shells from the wind chimes, wash them individually, and then place them inside the glass container. It wasn't too difficult, just time consuming. Follow through the read more for more pictures and captions! Unlike usual, they're not repeats of pictures and blooper pic takes.





There were three wind chimes. Two of them were the same kind of chime that we'd gotten in the Philippines when my brother and I were extremely young, perhaps 2 or 3 years old..for me.


The other chime had been purchased at Big Lots a while back by my mom, although it would often fall so my mom left it alone in the backyard on the table for a while.


This is what the glass case looks without anything inside of it!



My mom had gotten it on sale at ross, which I know she was incredibly happy with.


We had placed all the "green shells", I say "green shells" because they're your average seashell but painted green, at the bottom and then added in the smaller white shells above it.



Then we'd placed all of the nicer ones on top of that!




It wasn't too bad..it just took us about 3 or 4 hours to get done..unfortunately my mom wasn't happy with how it looked so she changed it! Woops;;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...