Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Finished Cosplay!! || Harvest Moon : A Tale of Two Towns {{ Lillian }}



Hey guys! I finished my Harvest Moon: A tale of two towns cosplay! It's the female protagonist, Lillian in her Bluebell work clothes. Although the wig isn't the same as the color in the game, it was the only wig I had at the time...so I hope it's still acceptable.

Anyways, if you're interested in seeing closeup shots and learning more about the cosplay, please follow through the read more!! Thank you for reading !!!




For the dress, I had finished it by hand painting all of the plaid designs with acrylic paint because I couldn't find the designs online and didn't have enough time to wait for a custom fabric to ship to my house. As for the lace, they're a leftover from one of my previous art projects.


For the wig, I had powdered it down by a whole lot. It's just a regular brown short haired bob wig that I had purchased from Daiso Japan for about $6 alone. It hadn't been the color and was much darker than it had appeared to be, so I had lightened it until it became the color that I needed....but wasn't exactly like what I needed. I'll be purchasing a better wig sometime sooner in the future.



For the vest that you see here, I made it using an old shirt that I had. It was similar to this shirt that you see here: 


I had cut off the collar and had sewn the edges several times in order to have it stay in place. I kept the pocket that had originally been there because I felt as if it would work much better. Also, I don't know if i had mentioned this in the previous message about the combination of the skirt for the dress, but it has pockets and I found that it would have worked wonders if I had actually been a farmer.


For the embellishments that you see above, I had hand stitched and embroidered the designs that you see here. I had cut out the leaves from fleece while the flowers are felt and they are embroidered on using sewing thread and pearle cottons. 



The handkerchief that you see above was also flannel that I had dyed along with the sleeves and it had later been painted. I will be repainting it though so that it looks much, much better. Afterwards, I had attached the lace to the handkerchief. 



But that's all folks~ Everything beyond here is just pictures of the full costume prior to extra expenses and time to improve them.






Debut at Anime Expo !!








Bedroom Mirror Selfies !!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...