Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Gateway


" Beware of the forests, there's a rumor about creatures coming through there from another land. "



Hey guys! This is the first piece that I'd made from my "rumors' project. It's based off of the half human, half creature idea and I used the forest to hopefully express my thoughts on it. 

As a child, I've always loved deer and bucks and I've always been terrified but intrigued by forests and woods. I've always found both to be magical kinds of places, I repeat, I hope that my feelings for it were properly expressed through this piece.



This piece was made using an old bouquet, cardstock, and scrapbooking paper. I had used the old plastic container that was used to hold my corsage from prom and then I hot glued everything down and then secured with tacky glue afterwards.

 Similarly to the Sleeping beauty one, I had drawn the character and then colored it in using colored pencils. 


The entire piece was then marked and shaded with black sharpie marker and then given a mystical/magical look with silver and gold nail polish. 

Follow through the read more for more pictures and progress ones!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...