Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pioneer Donuts

For the donut shop on Pioneer and Centralia here in Lakewood, I was commissioned $10/hr to make a design for a mural. They wanted a mural to attract more customers to the shop, so they asked me to help them.


The original design on paper and then the canvas that I worked with.


After a good couple of hours, I ended up sketching out and painting in the words and outlines alike.


Though... some woman along the way decided that it'd be okay to be drunk and drive at the same time. She ran over a good amount of our paints. What a waste...






The paints we had left and the mess that she left.


Close to what we believed to be the final look of the mural, but then a couple of touch-ups were helpful.



(A couple of pictures that were taken by the son of my friend. Haha!)



My favorite part out of the entire piece would definitely be the daughter. So cute and so sprinkle-y!


 Also, the father went from a plain to a chocolate donut from design to finish! We also ended up using colors to color in the eyes.

The Jelly Donut mother!


My oh my!


Though I'm having OCD problems and perfectionist what not with the son, I'm glad that they liked it nonetheless. 


Also! The puppy!! So cute.


Start off with a Hello and end with a thank's! And a sweet little smile-y face to top it off that. If you ever have the time and end up in the area, please stop by! It'd be helpful, trust me! Donuts for you and a paycheck for them. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...