Saturday, January 26, 2013

Satisfying

The sweat and tears that run down my face
Throw away the faith I hold dear
Where they defy the quotes that I abide by
Whispering into my ears to disassemble my soul.

I am-
Determined to succeed, but not to be a pest.
Scared deep down inside, scratching at my own insides
Because I can't compete on my own two feet.

I live to run while others before me walk
I live to serve while my best friend sits on their throne
I live to get my hands dirty as my flesh and blood keep still and pretty
I live to be the frame my lover's photograph sits in.

This consistency of personal backstabbing
The hard work that makes failure bittersweet and gratifying
I hold true to my self-esteem, because
There is no life like mine that is as predestined and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...