Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wayfarer Wanderbook


So more recently, one of the assignments that I've been doing is basically an eco-dyed journal. You're required to do very simple origami techniques with varying kinds of paper after stitching and adding little things like silk, organza, or whatever it is that you're interested in using.


Above I'm getting ready to dye two of my pages in a pomegranate seed dye bath and hopefully it'll turn out spectacular!  



I think the best part about eco-dyes are that they are not only interesting and somewhat fun, but they're also very, very intense because you have to be really, really careful with what you put inside because it could change the entire thing completely....also, you can be like me and throw things all over the place and not be able to get them out after you unravel the pieces...




Thank you Melissa for the photos! I really like the quality photos that your phone takes!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...