Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Alpaca & kid locks & Spinning yarn


Hey guys! Sorry, I guess I had forgotten to fill up my queue for the past couple of days...so I'll just be posting for today and I'll eventually catch up somehow. But here's one of the things that I more recently got around to doing: spinning locks!


The green wool roving that you see here was a part of the wool roving that I had to dye using the food coloring and I had decided to use it to test out a lock spinning technique that Bianca had shown me. 


The locks are from Alpaca and Kid wools (?) and they're just absolutely amazing. Incredibly soft, incredibly wonderful. 


These are just shots that Melissa had taken of me spinning on the spinning wheel. 


Although what I'm doing here is plying. I had found a single ply silk yarn in the stash that my wonderful art teacher had and had been plying the yarns together.


This yarn has got to be one of my favorites. The colors just flow so wonderfully together and are absolutely amazing.


I guess it kind of makes me think of a magical forest with deer and faeries and all those sweet little things...but I've always been in love with mystical creatures and magic in forests...if you hadn't figured that out from previous works of mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...