Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hand spun yarns!


I'm not going to add in that much commentary for this post, but here are just some pictures and closeup shots of everything that had been spun so far! 

The above is a bamboo mixed roving and the colors are just so incredibly amazing. The single ply that you can see in the left was spun by Kaili and so I had doubled my yarn, followed by Bianca who tripled hers. I'll eventually get around to taking a picture of all three together unless our wonderful art teacher gets to that before I do (which I'm sure is going to be the outcome).


And this wonderful bundle of singles were spun by Bianca. She had won the roving in a giveaway and she was in love with how it looked and how it felt. It came out amazing by the way, in case you couldn't see from above. The yarn is very thick in some places and very thin in others, but in the two different bits she had spun, one turned out being thicker than the other. 


As for these, these are just the locks that I had spun a little while back (although I don't know if I had made a post mentioning them yet...I've been all over the place recently!). If you're interested, just follow through the pictures by clicking them and all that jazz.

Also, please check out this wonderful post that my amazing art teacher had put up with closeup shots of the yarns and others that I had made. I'll also be posting up the post about another kind of yarn later though!








I don't remember what kind of locks I had used with this one, but it was similar to the green one below that I had mentioned in a post that I made earlier today. 





And here are all the yarns that I had spun using the spinning wheel and the drop spindle! Also, anything beyond here are just close ups, but if you're interested in that just keep scrolling on down.










And here's a little extra, the bit that I'm currently knitting aside from my assignment! It's getting larger as time passes and it's so exciting to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...