Saturday, December 27, 2014

. Andrea Motis & Joan Chamorro Group .


Hey guys! It's been a while since I had last showcased a traditionally drawn and finished 2-D art piece. And to be honest, I'm incredibly happy that I did. The picture that you see in this post is an art piece drawn of vocalist, trumpeter, and saxophonist, Andrea Motis from Barcelona, Spain. She is a magnificent young lady who is only 2 years older than me that has amazing talent and her obvious hard work has shown through.




If you're interested in hearing her performance, here's the youtube video and link above.


Here are just some of the shots that I had taken while I was in the process of making the entire piece. The picture's media is graphite pencil and had been drawn in my wire bound sketchbook that I had gotten from Bianca a few years back as a Christmas gift, using a 0.5 mechanical "lead" pencil, my fingers and varying sizes of smudge sticks, hi-polymer erasers (pentel) of two varying sizes of thin and thick, and a jelly eraser (that serves as a blending and feathering tool rather than an eraser). 


The entire piece itself had taken me around 2 or so hours to draw. Given that I hadn't drawn in what feels to be two years (but is really only one),  I had found myself rather impressed with the outcome of the piece, regardless of the minor issues with the size of the fingers and the placement of her body. I had found myself more interested in drawing and doing what felt right and made me feel better at the time more than improving what mistakes I had already made. 


The text around that forms the background of the image are the lyrics of Billie Holiday's "I Can't Believe That I'm In Love With You" and I am honest to god a huge fan of the song after I had heart Andrea Motis performing it. I have always been a huge fan of Billie Holiday, but I cannot ignore a vocalist and musician who does both during each and every one of their performances. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...