Monday, December 8, 2014

Hello Kitty Donuts



 Hey guys! So if any of you remember my post about hello kitty con, I forgot to mention the hello kitty hungry hunt. The hunt is basically a little map of stores who had agreed to participate and make food with a hello kitty theme/trait. Above is a picture of the donuts and the cute latte that cafe dulce had made for the hungry hunt. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you get pins each time you go and order any of the hello kitty goods.



But because it wasn't possible for me to magically appear in Los Angeles anytime soon, I had made a version of the donuts myself with Reis. 





We had bought these two bars of white chocolate and tried our best to melt them down.


Although because of some mishaps we accidentally ended up turning them into frosting rather than melted chocolate. But we tried our best with that.


After, we had added in some food coloring and some peppermint extract into our little mix! In one of them, the extract ended up coming out way too strong. It was a little overpowering...think Altoids. 


As for the donuts, we didn't exactly have the materials or the time to create our own so I had purchased some donuts that were made beforehand at Pioneer Donuts on Pioneer and Centralia. 


For the bows, I had just made some little outlines using a sharpie and wax paper.


Above is Reis's. He covered it in peppermint. Doused it more like.


As for these, they're mine! I spent extra time trying to pretty-fy them. Haha, at least it looked nice and tasted nice~?


Although because we had made the donuts at Reis's house, they had to be transported back to my home...and the way we had tried to do that was by using tupperware...but unfortunately that didn't work so well with regards to the lid.


But it managed to get home safely!


And here below we have my brother making silly faced while eating one of the donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...