Thursday, February 19, 2015

Duct Tape Dress Form (Wrapping -- Clingy & Tight)


Hey guys! Sorry for not making a post or anything yesterday. I really wasn't feeling all that well and I wasn't able to come up with anything on the spot when I felt like I was going to puke, pass out, and dissolve into a boiling hot mess of panic, despair, and frustration. 


This post will be discussing the adventures that I am going through to create a duct tape dress form as seen around the internet, particularly places like stumbleupon & pintrest. Here's the tutorials that I had used:

The items that I had used was a plastic cling wrap, some scissors, and lots and lots of duct tape (actually, 2 rolls of scotch silver duct tape and some checkered duck tape brand duct tape because I had ran out of tape to use while I had worked on this at school).


My dog was very confused the whole time though. Sorry Pogi. If you're interested in reading more about what I had done, please follow on through. For the record, there are some sights of swimsuit/underwear-like garments so viewer discretion is advised. I sincerely only post about this for documentation purposes and to provide a way for others who ask me questions about things that I do/have done/etc. without sounding like a sad, unfortunate mess of a human being with a messy human brain. Nonetheless, let's keep talking~




First's off,  my wonderful older sister dearest of mine had helped me through this entire process oft his post. She had helped wrap me up in cling wrap which had helped provide a plastic base to work on so that the duct tape wouldn't be taping and peeling at my skin. It may feel awkward and a little loose at the beginning, but once the taping process begins, it'll be much, much easier.


As mentioned in the first link that I had shown first, it's said that you should be wary of where, how, and when you tape and how you begin to tape. After reading through the tutorial and the first one, it made me a little wary to even try this (rather cheap) technique for a dress form...but I made sure to follow the directions provided and to think clearly about what makes sense and what doesn't make sense.


Throughout the entire thing, my sister was incredibly confused as to what we were doing the whole time and why she was even doing it in the first place. I didn't know how else to explain to her that we were making a makeshift/cheap/poor person's dress form because well...that's kind of what we are. Unfortunately. 


The complete process took around 2 and a half hours altogether. We worked efficiently with our time and with our supplies...but we were very careful with what we did. We began at the bust and taping the proper areas first to maintain the shape...but unfortunately due to our lack of more than 2 rolls of duct tape and the much, much more bundles of work that involves duct tape, we had rather thin and flimsy dress form walls. 


Here are the shots of it finished on me! Completely duct taped from neck to thighs. Although it was incredibly uncomfortable, it's what wearing corsets and controlling my breathing from band helps me out with. Also, just a reminder that movement is VERY limited. Be wary of what you're doing and make sure you're not in dire need to go use the bathroom or anything along those lines...or you're screwed. 


Also, when cutting yourself out of your hell of a mess, be VERY CAREFUL. I'm not sure what method of getting yourself out of this duct tape binding works best without damaging clothing or whatever it is that you decide to be wearing at the time...but be careful that if you decide to work the way that we did (scissors and cutting straight up from the bottom), you might end up with some hellish cuts in your bottoms and a possible cut in your bra backing. 


These were my favorite too....


Well, that's it for this bundle of words and pictures. If you're interested in reading more about the process and my progress for the dress form, it'll be posted about these next couple of days. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...