Friday, February 13, 2015

Kuragehime Inspired Self-Portrait (Free Form Sewing Stitch paper Quilt)




And as you can read above, it is 100% finally finished! The quilt is done and ready from head to toe (or well in this case, top to bottom). It is covered in embellishments and all types of things here and there. The wonderful binding around it is the tulle that you have/will be seeing sometime soon. 


as for the back, I had picked the tulle fabric so that you could still see the stitches but in as faded of a way as possible.


 Also, I had added in a hanging device along with attaching some of my extra stitch paper that had been covered in india ink to explain my piece and its dedication. 


It reads, "To my love and my Innocence". 




Some close up shots of all the work that I had done along regarding embellishments.





Along with stitching and sewing and applying the roving.




And vua-lah it's done! And yes, if you had read my teacher's blog post that she had made a little while earlier, it is definitely a self portrait as I've stated earlier. It is designed based off of the aspects in the anime "kuragehime" or "Princess jellyfish". The reason behind it is because the show/manga/anime's message about anyone being able to become a princess or "beautiful" hits me home. It's all based off of doing what works for you and making things go well with you. 


Kuragehime hits home for me for a large number of reasons, all that I cannot really talk about here...so I'll have to bid you all adieu. It's been wonderful everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...