Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Wayfarer's Wander book (Missing pages)


I hadn't gotten around to these pages because apparently my phone had spazzed when I had originally taken them...but here they are!


Here's my cover. The front had a closure created using leather that had been stapled together for a more...rugged and industrial look.


Here's an old page that had been forgotten. Representing the feelings and the things that I have been told throughout my life as I continued on in my studies.


My encounter with places and people of comfort.


"A dream of the places that I've never seen."


My goals and aspirations may not exist for too long but my desires are endless.


"Faded but never forgotten"


"Help me find my way. I'm lost and scared." 

This page has a look as if it's in space or outside for a reason. Given that the galaxy and that space is endless and completely unknown, it's as if life, my life has been filled with an endless and unexplain-able variety of emotions.


These fishes were actually from Reis's old art assignment back in our first year 3D art class. It was for his solar dyed pillow...but I had told him that I'd keep it because I'd find a use for his cardboard cut out fishes at some point. And I did. I used them in this page to represent my family. My siblings. Each and every one of us. The different colors representing the differences in ourselves. Written in the Japanese Kanji that I had spent a few years attempting to learn the language of, I labeled each of the fishes after my sister, my brother, and myself. The youngest being a black fish as he is a male by birth and is still gaining his colors.


As for this page, it's a favorite song. A song that has linked my heart to a part of my life that I cannot and will refuse to let go or forget for particular reasons that I shouldn't speak of. 


This side being in Japanese while the other is the English translation. Here's a cover that I particularly fall at my knees for.




As for this page, it's based off of old, distraught emotions that I had felt in the past. Also emotions that I shouldn't speak of given my life and my history should have some part of it remain private and that the people involved in my life may feel remorse, regret, or guilt for anything that they have done....I'd prefer to let them live happily or at least feel at ease believing that life will be alright and will continue to go on for the both of us.


The words portrayed on these pages were lyrics from Tove Lo's "Habits". Although the song that I had listened to was Post Modern Jukebox's take on it in a 1940s Jazz style (referencing Billie Holiday, although I'd say that it's more Ella Fitzgerald due to the scatting.) 


You can listen to the video here:



Hopefully by hearing it, you'll be able to understand my feelings and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...