Monday, March 30, 2015

Floral Headgear


A little while ago (can you tell that I'm behind on my posts?), I had decided to make something using the fake flowers that I had bought a while back. I've been meaning to use them for something like a flower crown or something like some custom mickey mouse ears. Interested in what I'm talking about? Here's a link for it: http://blogs.disney.com/disney-style/lifestyle/2014/06/01/diy-floral-minnie-ears/ but I will be making something like: this or this


But here's what you need: 

Some wire (I used floral wire) 
A couple of fake flowers 
Reliable, heavy duty pliers 
(not necessary) hot glue gun

& maybe a cute companion to keep you company while you scream about how tedious all of this is. 




I didn't actually take in progress pictures of the progress, but basically, I had cut the flowers off and I had arranged them into a design that I thought was appropriate. 



You can cut all the flowers off of the stem or you can use the stem as the base to work upon on. Then I had wrapped the flowers in place using the floral wire.. Although the flowers will not stay completely in place, so I had decided to use hot glue to keep it in place. 



Here's how it looks, Although I should have used a different color or maybe I'll go over the flowers using some floral tape so that it's at least nicer to look at. 


What do you think? 


But here's the finished product! I honestly think that this is incredibly interesting and would love to use it at some point in a photo shoot session. 


These are just some shots of the headgear around it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...