Friday, March 27, 2015

Weaving Beginnings & Woven Necklace


Hey guys, I know that I've been slacking these past few days on my posts but things have been rather hectic with the band festival and practicing all day everyday.. but I hope that this post makes up for it! 

But more recently I had an assignment to do some weaving! But I had to learn the basics of weaving, which meant that I should probably use a regular loom and all that fun stuff. Here's the warp that I'm getting ready to try to do!



And then we can actually start the weaving process.







But here's how it looks all nice and woven together.



I had turned it into a nice little necklace (that itches a lot because of the mohair..) with some metal endings that I had found (very malleable though...not very helpful for what I'm using it for) and this really interesting metal piece that I'm using to string the woven piece through. 



I really love how it turned out...and now onto bigger things! The Saori loom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...