Monday, March 23, 2015

LACMA's Hollywood Costume Exhibit & The Counter in L.A.


The other day, I had gone to L.A. with my mom and my sister to see the LACMA costume exhibit! 


While finding parking, I had seen a lot of incredible things. And magically, I had been able to see this amazing thing. If you hadn't been keeping up to date on what #blacklivesmatter, then try to learn more and read about it and try to understand why so many people are upset and why this hashtag exists. Hopefully, one day we can change the way that our world works, but I highly doubt it given the current events that are happening more recently. 





It's incredible though. I just love how it was made and it makes me incredibly happy to see it. 


And in the end, we managed to find parking near the crafts and folk art museum. 



But unfortunately, due to time constraints, we weren't able to go inside and see it.


And then we found ourselves inside the counter in L.A.! 


The atmosphere and the interior design was very modern and up to date. It was pretty cool in my opinion.



I had decided on getting the official counter burger! Here's what it looks like below. 


We had also ordered some sweet potato fries and my mom had ordered a salad (with amazing flavors and tons of meat!)


But because I knew that I had musical later, I had decided to take parts of it back with me. I gave a bite to Saumitra, Simon, and Ben who all greed that it was heavenly. 



And here we are. The Los Angeles County Museum of Modern Art.


The exhibit that we had gone to see was filled with the original hollywood costumes from the most famous movies of all time. Classics such as The Wizard of OZ, Mary Poppins, and more filled the exhibit hall. It was amazing. It was stunning. It left me speechless. 


I was left speechless walking throughout the entire thing and I was anxious that I had to leave so soon as traffic was going to be killer and I had to be in cerritos asap. I was madly in love with all of the costumes though. They had action film costumes, they had harry potter costumes, they had costumes from European historical films like Marie Antoinette, they had spiderman, iron man, legally blonde, audrey hepburn, marilyn manroe, and so, so , so much more. 


I have never been so content and satisfied and in love with and anything else that I had felt in my entire life. My heart was racing, my mind was going blank. I think that's when I knew. I finally knew it. I wanted to make costumes for a living. 


And thankfully, my amazing mom and my sweet sister had decided to buy the book.


This amazing book is filled with costumes that I had the luxury of seeing in person. It was magnificent. 


I'll be using it as inspiration in the future and as motivation for me now. Thank you guys!


But for now, I'll just stick to making clothes and cosplays and coordinating outfits together for special occasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...